Technique Thursday- adding texture with modeling paste stamping

Hi everyone,
It's Asia here with a modeling paste stamping technique. I prepared for you a small photo tutorial, so let's start:)



I used two pieces of paper (250g/m²), a little smaller than ATC size. I spread on them modeling paste and let it to settle for few minutes (you can actually get the similar effect with white gesso, but I decided to use here modeling paste:)

 After the paste dried a little, I stamped it with beautiful leaves stamp from Rubber Dance- Crazy Flowers #2. First time my stamping did not worked as well as I would like it, but after removing a little of paste from the cards and stamping again, it worked perfectly. Remember to wash your stamps as quickly as possible after stamping on paste or gesso!



Next step was to add colors. I used Lindy's Magicals- with powders I had more control of where the colors go and how strong they are. To achieve that, I sprayed water over the tags, then added powder and then, where needed, I spread it with a brush.



When the cards were drying, I stamped a piece of digi paper with black Archival Ink and another stamp from the set Crazy Flowers. Then I fussy cut them, attached them together with a brads by 3, and added a metal wire for a stem.




I made the base of my ATC's on the same type of paper, colored it in blue  and then stamped it with the same beautiful leaves stamp. Then I glued both parts together with a 3D foam, added some white splatters, some drops with Glossy Accents and glue the flowers.


The last part was to add some sentiment. I chose the gorgeous sentiment stamp from Rubber Dance set: Think Again. As I wanted to add it to two ATC's, I chose to add only the words: Happy & Today. I inked the stamp with Archival Ink and than placed masking tape over the words I didn't need.



Here are the two ATC's. They have the depth I so wanted with this awesome technique on stamping on the modeling paste and the beautiful colors which soak through the lines. Plus gorgeous flowers, but well, have a look for yourself:)











Stamps I used:


 
Crazy Flowers #2                                          Think Again


Thank you for stopping by!
Hugs, Asia

Comments

Julie S said…
These are wonderful! Love the look of the stamps in the gesso.
Sue said…
These are fabulous, I love your textured background, Sue xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous ATCs! Love how the leaves look when stamped into paste. Fun idea to layer 3 flowers together like that, and the wire adds even more interest. Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial, Asia! ♥ ♥ ♥
Awesome cards - love them so much❣
Ink Art Designs said…
Great texture with the stamping into the paste Asia. And the vibrancy of the colours look fantastic x.
Love the vibrancy of these Asia and such a fun technique too
Hugs
Donna xx
Susanne Rose said…
Brilliant work my dear!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!