Make A Wish



Hello! My name is Sam and I'm so excited to be guest designing for Rubber Dance this month :)
I've chosen to work with the wonderful stamp set Affirmations which you can find right {here} at the Rubber Dance shop.

I just love to make small decorations to hang around my home and make it pretty so I began this little project by cutting a star shape from a piece of mount board. Mount board is a fantastic base to work on it's very sturdy and accepts a lot of different mediums beautifully and it's super smooth.

I applied some modelling paste through a stencil to get some texture then I painted my star with black gesso and then white gesso where the colours were going to be. (The coloured paints I used are Martha Stewart paints and the colours are: Pond. Rubber Ducky and Raspberry Ice). Doing this keeps the colours bright and they pop off the black background. I stamped 'make a wish' three times on white tissue paper and pva'd in place. The tissue paper dries invisible. A great technique for textured surfaces which you can't stamp on to directly. 'WISH' was stamped on white card and cut out and glued in place.


To finish I added glossy accents over the large letters and some glitter and star sequins. Also a little black star also cut from mount board.
I do hope you like it!
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam :)

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW! What a lovely wishing star! Reminds me of the old song from Pinoccio, "When you wish upon a star" :) Love the bright colours with the contrasting black and white. So cool with all the texture. Thank you so much, Sam! I'm so happy that you wanted to Guest Design for me!! ♥ ♥ ♥
Kristiina said…
Beautiful colours and yummy texture!
Majo said…
I love the texture on your creation, very pretty ♥
The colours you've used were absolutely brilliant, Sam! Nice texture and sentence are very nice - we can all wish for anything ❤️ Thank you for sharing your star!
Hugs, Anita
Craftyfield said…
Striking colours and lovely textures!
Mac Mable said…
So gorgeous, with lots of texture, colour and looks so 3D, fabulous project x
Sue said…
Love the colors and texture on this bright star!
Sue said…
Wow Sam this is gorgeous xx
TangledBlueRose said…
ooo I love this! The star is gorgeous! Brilliant color. Thanks for sharing this wonderful treasure!~kim
ionabunny said…
This is so cool. Love those colours and the letters really pop. Such a fun piece. Hugz
Unknown said…
Absolutely LOVE this Sam. WOW those colors are incredible and that texture totally LUSCIOUS. GREAT eye candy!!! j.
Cocofolies said…
Fantastic project and star Sam, I love it!!!
This plate of affirmations is great too! :) xxx
A Pink said…
Congrats! Sam Such a fabulous make too . You have an endless supply of talent lovely lady . hugs xx

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!