Versatility of Stamps


Hello everyone! My name is Ashely and I've been invited to guest design for Rubber Dance. I have a card to share today with stamps from the Travel set and Just a Note sentiments set. 




For me, this Hotel Recipt stamp will be very versatile. I don't think you have to stick to travel themed pages to use a hotel receipt. It would be great to stamp with softer colors on a background or with some embossing or other medium to provide some texture.

I chose to heat emboss the hotel receipt for this card. I used a soft, pretty yellow that really doesn't make you focus on the fact that this is a hotel receipt. One of the extra touches I like to add when I am heat embossing is to also heat emboss the edges of whatever I am embossing. I dipped the edges of the hotel receipt into embossing ink, added some of the same yellow embossing powder, and I think it gives a more finished look:



Then I stamped my sentiment on some patterned paper and cut it into a pennant shape. I love to use VersaFine ink for my sentiments. I wrapped some twine around my hotel receipt to tie in all of the yellow.



I hope this will help you think outside of the box with your stamps so you can incorporate them into more of your projects!


Ashley



To find all the versatile stamps made by Rubber Dance, here's the web shop: www.rubberdance.com


Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Ashley! :-) It's a good idea to use stamps "out of the box", that way we can use what we already have more often! I know I have bought stamps for a special occasion... and ended up using them only once.
Love your card! The embossing around the edge is like icing on the cake. Sweet! :-)
XOX
Susanne Rose said…
Your card looks great!!!
Unknown said…
Loving these colours - very contemporary
Unknown said…
Love grey and yellow together Ashley. Gorgeous.
Artatag said…
Love your card, embossing the edges is a real cool idea!
Cataleya said…
Very beautiful card!
~Olga Kovalchuk

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!